copy
Subscribe:

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Harry Potter Re-Read-a-thon!

As a huge fan of the Harry Potter series, I was thrilled to find out that there's a huge re-read party going on over at Book Journey.  To officially join in, I was asked to choose a house (I used the sorting hat and was chosen to be a part of Gryffindor!) and to decide what year I am at Hogwarts (I'm a seventh year!). 

The re-read began yesterday (November 1) and will conclude at the end of March 2015.  That's 5 months of Harry Potter!  How can you join in the fun?  Here's how:

First, you have to choose a house by selecting a meme. 





If you would like to use the sorting hat (like I did), here's your chance!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mackenziekruvant/which-hogwarts-house-do-you-belong-in

Second, you have to decide what year you are.  Here are your choices:

First Years: You have read The Sorcerer's Stone or you have not read any Harry Potter books

Second Years: You have read The Sorcerer's Stone and The Chamber of Secrets

Third Years: You have read the two mentioned above as well as The Prisoner of Azkaban

Fourth Years: You have read the three above as well as The Goblet of Fire

Fifth Years: You have read the four above as well as The Order of the Phoenix

Sixth Years: You have read the five above as well as The Half Blood Prince

Seventh Years: You have read all of the Harry Potter books

Curious about the reading schedule?  The "loosely applied" reading of each book will look like this:

Nov 1 - Nov 16: The Sorcerer's Stone

Nov 17 - Dec 6: The Chamber of Secrets

Dec 7 - Dec 29: The Prisoner of Azkaban

Dec 30 - Jan 20: The Goblet of Fire

Jan 21 - Feb 13: The Order of the Phoenix 

Feb 14 - Mar 7: The Half-Blood Prince

Mar 8 - Mar 31: The Deathly Hallows

To officially sign up for the re-read, you can visit Book Journey and select the re-read tab.  She's got some really fun stuff planned for this event, including giveaways and discussions.  You can earn House Points for participating in the events, and will probably meet some really cool, fellow Potter Heads! :) 

Happy Re-Read to everyone, and I hope to see you joining us! 

6 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Awesome to have you joining in!!!! Have a wonderful first year!

Literate Housewife said...

I used the sorting hat and I'm a Hufflepuff. This is my first time through the series, so I'm looking forward to experience it this way.

Michelle @ In Libris Veritas said...

I've always self identified as a Slytherin, and thankfully every test I've taken agrees with me, lol. I'm a 7th year as well. i hope you enjoy the re-read!

Anonymous said...

Yay for this reread! I'm totally enjoying the whole process :) I'm a 7th-year, too, Maree :D

Anonymous said...

Sorry I spelled your name wrong! There's a Maree with us in the reread, too! :)

Unknown said...

I'm a Fourth Year Gyffindor, having listened to the first four titles in the series in audio (Jim Dale narrating.) It's definitely going to be more fun experiencing Harry Potter's world with others! I'm reading them in print this time around, getting a lot more out of them in terms of detail and a little bit of foreknowledge; and looking forward to what the Seventh Years have to offer! :-)

@dogearedcopy

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates